Well, I’m all done here.
Thanks to everyone that’s been following me on this project over the last 13 months and an extra special thanks goes out to the nice people who took the time to comment, ask questions, or otherwise let me know they appreciate my stuff. Mike Johnston at TOP deserves a hearty smack on the back for inspiring me and others to give this project a go—and changing us for the better. Last, but not nearly least, a SUPER HUGE—one of a kind—thanks goes to my wife Jodi who only frowned slightly when she learned the family photographer wanted to shoot nothing but black and white film of our children for a year.
All your support has meant a great deal to me and made this project immensely easier than it otherwise would’ve been. Projects are good. Projects with blogs and supportive communities (and families) are way better.
I’ve come to see blogging as an important part of my photography and so I’ll carry on with it in much the same way as I have here, just with a bit more color. From now on, you can find me over here at The Camera Simplex.
Finally, there are a few other Leica Year Tumblr’s that I’d like to give a quick shout out too while I still have the benefit of a larger audience.
- Fellow Seattleite Sean started a couple months or so after I did and has kept it strong and disciplined ever since. He has a great eye for what works beautifully in black and white. My favorite picture of his is this one. Gorgeous, huh? He will finish his year. I have no doubt.
- Butler is at Phoot Camp right now and cheating on his Leica Year like a dirty bastard, but he seems to be having a blast and I’m sure he’s learning tons right now so good on him.
- Offcuts is doing the whole darkroom thing in addition to everything I did. I’m frankly in awe of this guy as I could never have tackled wet printing along with all the other stuff. Kudos and good luck to you, man!
- Arvind has been doing his “Leica Year” with a 4x5 camera, working his way through a box of 100 films. It’s hard to fully appreciate large format photography on the web, but I think his shines through nicely.
Go wish all these guys some luck. Give ‘em a like now and then. Write ‘em a message. They deserve your support. Well, maybe not Butler but.. whatever.
I’ll leave you with one last link: some of my favorite pictures from the last year.
I’m off to see a man about a dog now.
- unknownphotos likes this
- codebeta likes this
- wallography likes this
- seanyoung likes this
- mistercakesphotoadventures likes this
- fixtheshadows likes this
- split-prism likes this
- agnessamour likes this
- mypenworld likes this
- thelisashow likes this
- stuegan likes this
- my-friend-red likes this
- sxyblkmn likes this
- arnerawe likes this
- laviebelem likes this
- filmus-monochromus likes this
- aperture24 likes this
- evolutionisconstant likes this
- ishanm likes this
- floatingvibes likes this
- darthambiguous likes this
- societykilledagain likes this
- leicayear posted this